The Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD) certification imparts an individual with the information one needs to meet today’s supply chain logistics challenges.
The CLTD designation created and developed by a team of subject matter experts from APICS provides with knowledge on the global standard for best practices in logistics, transportation & distribution.
Through the CLTD designation:
• One gets to master the essential knowledge required for industries like logistics, transportation & distribution
• Widen ones outlook regarding in the fields of logistics and creates a channel to bring newer ideas to the organization
• Remain intact and abreast with the current trends in global logistics
• Boosts ones confidence to being an expert in the field of logistics
• Provides with the necessary tools to help reduce the costs and improve the customer satisfaction
The CLTD exam preparation requires one to have mastery on the following–modules that critically reflects insights in the areas such as logistics, transportation and distribution for logistics managers.
The exam consists of 150 multiple choice questions of which 130 are related to operations and the rest related to pre-test. The total duration of the exam shall be 3.5 hours and for the exam the modules needed to be concentrated on the following points:
1. Overview of Logistics and Supply Chain
2. Capacity Planning & Demand Management
3. Order related management
4. Inventory & Warehousing management
6. Considerations-Global Logistics
7. Logistics Network Design
8. Reverse Logistics Sustainability
Anyone desiring to earn the CLTD credentials must pass one complete full length exam. Please check on your eligibility before taking up the exam. The applications that have to get through for eligibility shall have to be submitted at least 15 days before the exam scheduling.
To be eligible for the CLTD exam, one must have had any one of the following criteria full-filled:
• 3 yrs. of business experience in the related business field (or)
• Bachelor’s degree from any discipline or an international equivalent from a recognised University (or)
• CPIM, CSCP, CTL, CFPIM, CIRM, SCOR-P, C.P.M., CSM or CPSM designations
The summarised requirements for the maintenance of certification are listed below:
• Adhere to the Code of Ethics set out by APICS
• Earn a total of 75 maintenance points & apply for its maintenance of continuity once in every 5 years
• Professional Development points (PDU’s) may be earned in the following areas through:
– Continuous education
– Through the conduct of various presentations, publications of articles & educational development
– Volunteering for the cause of operations management profession
– Offering the professional membership
• Failure to maintain the certification within 5 years may lead to the suspension of certification
• With every year of suspension additional 15 PDU’s may need to be submitted
• If your certification remains for 5 years in suspended state, your certification will be terminated and you will be required to retake your exam.